Fashion, Hair and Makeup Tips and Advice
Obviously, you want to look like the best version of yourself on your session day. After all, all these photos will be seen by your friends, family and peers for many years to come. Here are a few tips and tricks where beauty and fashion are concerned.
- Keep crazy accessories to a minimum. For example, if you want to wear those funky cat eye sunglasses, go for it, but plan don’t let them compete with a super splashy print, giant earrings and a headscarf. A wise person once said: always take off the last thing you put on.
- Makeup reads differently on camera than it does in real life. You can get away with a little bit more of your natural eye colors and lip liners. Matte is best for foundation along with powder in a bag in case it’s hot and you get shiny.
- Think about all the details: nails, hair, teeth, skin. Use a whitening toothpaste in the weeks leading up to your session, really look after your skin and don’t pick (we do offer free blemish touch up, though), and get a manicure the day before. If you’re wearing open toes, spring for the pedi, too.
- Practice your hairstyle in advance and take a few selfies to see how it photographs. Try to keep your true essence and don’t wear a hairstyle that’s “not you.” For example, if you wear bangs on the regular, don’t pin them up on your photo shoot. If you always wear your hair down, keep it down on your session day.
- Don’t make any major changes in the weeks leading up to your session. No faux tans that have the potential to convert you to oompa loompa status, don’t go from black to bleach blonde, no major haircuts that could incite tears, etc.
Bottom line – it’s okay to highlight your favorite features and assets. Feeling comfy and confident is key!